(a) According to the following procedure, connect an ammeter and voltmeter as shown in the illustration.
(1) Disconnect the wire from terminal B of the generator and connect it to the negative (-) lead of the ammeter.
(2) Connect the positive (+) lead of the ammeter to terminal B of the generator.
(3) Connect the positive (+) lead of the voltmeter to positive (+) terminal of the battery.
(4) Ground the negative (-) lead of the voltmeter.
(b) Check the charging circuit.
(1) While keeping the engine speed at 2,000 rpm, check the readings on the ammeter and voltmeter.
Was this article helpful?