(a) Before inspecting and repairing the fuel system, disconnect the negative (-) battery terminal.
(b) Do not smoke or work near fire when handling the fuel system.
(c) Keep gasoline away from rubber or leather parts.
2. DISCHARGE FUEL SYSTEM PRESSURE CAUTION:
• Perform the following procedures to prevent fuel from spilling out before removing any fuel system parts.
• Pressure will still remain in the fuel line even after performing the following procedures. When disconnecting the fuel line, cover it with a shop rag or a piece of cloth to prevent fuel from spraying or coming out.
(a) Disconnect the fuel pump connector.
(1) Remove the rear seat cushion assembly.
(2) Remove the rear floor service hole cover.
(3) Disconnect the fuel pump connector.
(4) Start the engine.
(5) After the engine stops, turn the ignition switch off.
DTC P0171/25 (fuel problem) and/or P0191/49 (fuel pressure sensor signal error) may be detected.
(6) Crank the engine again. Check that the engine does not start.
(7) Remove the fuel tank cap to discharge pressure from the fuel tank.
(8) Disconnect the negative (-) battery terminal.
(9) Reconnect the fuel pump connector.
(10)Install the rear floor service hole cover.
(11)Install the rear seat.
3. FUEL SYSTEM
(a) When disconnecting the high fuel pressure line, a large amount of gasoline will spill out, so observe the following procedures:
(1) Discharge the fuel system pressure. (step 2)
(2) Disconnect the fuel pump tube (See page FU-23).
(3) Drain the fuel that remains inside the fuel pump tube.
(4) To protect the disconnected fuel pump tube from damage and contamination, cover it with a plastic bag.
(5) Put a container under the connection part.
(b) Observe the following precautions when removing and installing the fuel injectors:
(2) When placing a new O-ring on the injector, do not damage the O-ring.
(3) Coat a new O-ring with gasoline before installing it.
Do not use engine oil, gear oil or brake fluid.
(c) Install the injector to the delivery pipe and cylinder head, as shown in the illustration. NOTICE:
Before installing the injector, be sure to apply grease or gasoline to the place where the delivery pipe or cylinder head contacts the O-ring of the injector.
O-ring Retainer Pipe
O-ring Retainer Pipe
(d) Observe the following precautions when disconnecting the fuel delivery pipe (metallic type): HINT:
The structure of the metallic connector is shown on the left.
The No. 2 fuel pipe clamp cannot be reused.
(2) Find the metallic connector of the fuel tube assembly.
(3) Assemble SST to the connection as shown in the illustration.
Was this article helpful?