1. INSPECT FUEL PUMP
(a) Check the fuel pump resistance.
(1) Measure the resistance between terminals 1
If the result is not as specified, replace the fuel pump.
(b) Check fuel pump operation.
(1) Apply battery voltage to terminals 1 and 2.
Check that the pump operates.
• These tests must be completed within 10 seconds to prevent the coil from burning out.
• Keep the fuel pump as far away from the battery as possible.
• Always switch the voltage on and off on the battery side, not on the fuel pump side.
If the pump does not operate, replace the fuel pump.
Was this article helpful?