1. CHECK FUEL PUMP OPERATION AND FOR FUEL
(a) Check fuel pump operation.
(2) Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and push the intelligent tester main switch on. NOTICE:
Do not start the engine.
(3) Select the following menu items: DIAGNOSIS / ENHANCED OBD II / ACTIVE TEST / FUEL PUMP / SPD.
(4) Check for pressure in the fuel inlet tube from the fuel line. Check that sound of fuel flowing in the fuel tank can be heard. If no sound can be heard, check the integration relay, fuel pump, ECM and wiring connector.
(b) Check for fuel leaks.
(1) Check that there are no fuel leaks anywhere on the system after performing maintenance. If there is a fuel leak, repair or replace parts as necessary.
(c) Turn the ignition switch off.
(d) Disconnect the intelligent tester from the DLC3.
2. CHECK FUEL PRESSURE
(a) Using a voltmeter, measure the battery voltage.
Standard voltage: 11 to 14 V
Discharge the fuel system pressure (See page FU-
Disconnect the cable from the negative (-) battery terminal.
Remove the No. 1 fuel pipe clamp from the fuel tube connector.
Disconnect the fuel hose from the fuel main tube.
• Always read the precautions (See page FU-1) before disconnecting the fuel tube connector (quick type).
• The fuel pipe line may spray fuel as a result of retained pressure that remains in it. Do not allow fuel to be sprayed in the engine compartment.
(f) Install SST (pressure gauge) and the fuel tube connector using SST as shown in the illustration. SST 09268-31011 (09268-41500, 90467-13001,
95336-08070), 09268-45014 (09268-41200, 09268-41220, 09268-41250)
(g) Wipe up any gasoline.
(h) Reconnect the cable to the negative (-) battery terminal.
(i) Select the following menu items: DIAGNOSIS / ENHANCED OBD II / ACTIVE TEST / FUEL PUMP / SPD.
(j) Measure the fuel pressure. Fuel pressure: 304 to 343 kPa (3.1 to 3.5 kgf/cm2, 44.1 to 49.7 psi)
If the pressure is high, replace the fuel pressure regulator.
If the pressure is low, check the fuel hoses and connections, fuel pump, fuel filter and fuel pressure regulator.
(k) Disconnect the intelligent tester from the DLC3. (l) Start the engine. (m) Measure the fuel pressure at idle. Fuel pressure: 304 to 343 kPa (3.1 to 3.5 kgf/cm2, 44.1 to 49.7 psi)
(n) Stop the engine.
(o) Check that the fuel pressure remains as specified for 5 minutes after the engine has stopped. Fuel pressure:
147 kPa (1.5 kgf/cm2, 21 psi) or more If the pressure is not as specified, check the fuel pump, pressure regulator and/or injectors. (p) After checking the fuel pressure, disconnect the cable from the negative battery terminal and carefully remove the SST to prevent gasoline from splashing.
(q) Reconnect the fuel main tube (fuel tube connector). CAUTION:
Always read the precautions (See page FU-1) before connecting the fuel tube connector (quick type).
(r) Install the No. 1 fuel pipe clamp to the fuel tube connector. (s) Check for fuel leaks (Step 1).
FUEL INJECTOR COMPONENTS
• Non-reusable part
• Non-reusable part
Was this article helpful?