Perform this monitor confirmation after the Key-Off Monitor Confirmation shows COMPL (complete).
The monitor will not run unless:
• The vehicle has been driven for 10 minutes or more (in a city area or on a freeway)
• The ECT is between 4.4°C and 35°C (40°F and 95°F)
• The IAT is between 4.4°C and 35°C (40°F and 95°F)
(b) Monitor Conditions
1. Release the pressure from the fuel tank by removing and reinstalling the fuel cap.
2. Warm the engine up until the ECT reaches more than 75°C (167°F).
3. Increase the engine speed to 3,000 rpm once.
4. Allow the engine to idle and turn A/C ON for 1 minute.
(c) Monitor Status
1. Turn the ignition switch off (if ON or the engine is running).
2. Connect the intelligent tester to the DLC3.
3. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and turn the tester on.
4. Select the following menu items: DIAGNOSIS / ENHANCED OBD II / MONITOR STATUS.
5. Check the Monitor Status displayed on the tester. HINT:
If INCMP is displayed, the monitor is not complete. Make sure that the preconditions have been met, and perform the Monitor Conditions again.
Was this article helpful?