1. Park the vehicle in a safe place and turn the ignition switch off.
2. Adjust the pressure of all the installed tires to the specified cold tire inflation pressure level. (See "Tires" on page 411 in Section 8.)
3. Set the ignition switch to ON.
4. Open the glove box, and push and hold the tire pressure warning reset switch until the tire pressure warning light blinks slowly three times.
5. Leave for a few minutes with the ignition switch ON, and then turn the ignition switch off.
If you push the tire pressure reset switch while vehicle is moving, initialization is not performed.
If you push the tire pressure reset switch accidentally and initialization is performed, adjust the tire inflation pressure to the specified level and initialize the system again.
If the tire pressure warning light does not blink slowly three times when you push and hold the reset switch, initialization has failed and the tire pressure warning system may not work properly. In this case, initialize the system again. If initialization cannot be performed, have the system checked at your Toyota dealer.
Was this article helpful?