HINT: Have a battery ready as the power source to deploy the airbag. 1. DISCONNECT NEGATIVE (-) TERMINAL CABLE FROM BATTERY
CAUTION: Work must be started after approx. 20 seconds or longer from the time the ignition switch is turned to the LOCK position and the negative (-) terminal cable is disconnected from the battery (See page AS-2).
2. CONFIRM FUNCTIONING OF SST (See page AB-88) SST 09082-00700
3. INSTALL SST
CAUTION: Check that there is no looseness in the steering wheel and steering wheel pad.
(a) Remove the instrument panel lower finish panel.
(b) Disconnect the airbag connector of the spiral cable.
(c) Connect the SST connector to the airbag connector of the spiral cable. SST 09082-00700
(d) Move the SST to at least 10 m (33 ft) from the front of the vehicle.
(e) Close all the doors and windows of the vehicle.
NOTICE: Take care not to damage the SST wire harness.
(f) Connect the SST red clip to the battery positive ( + )
terminal and the black clip to the battery nagatiye (-) terminal.
4. DEPLOY AIRBAG
(a) Confirm that no-one is inside the vehicle or within
(b) Press the SST activation switch and deploy the airbag.
HINT: The airbag deploys simultaneously as the LED of the SST activation switch lights up.
5. DISPOSAL OF STEERING WHEEL PAD (WITH AIRBAG) CAUTION:
• The steering wheel pad is very hot when the airbag is deployed, so leave it alone for at least 30 minutes after deployment.
• Use gloves and safety glasses when handling a steering wheel pad with deployed airbag.
• Do not apply water, etc. to a steering wheel pad with deployed airbag.
• Always wash your hands with water after completing the operation.
(a) When scrapping a vehicle, deploy the airbag and scrap the vehicle with the steering wheel pad still installed.
(b) When moving a vehicle for scrapping which has a steering wheel pad with deployed airbag, use gloves and safety glasses.
Was this article helpful?