1. VEHICLES NOT INVOLVED IN A COLLISION
• Perform a diagnostic system check (See page AB-29).
2. VEHICLES INVOLVED IN A COLLISION
(a) Perform a diagnostic system check (See page AB-29).
(b) If the front fender of the car or its periphery is dam aged, perform visual check for damage to the front airbag sensor, which includes the following items even if the airbag was not deployed:
• Bracket deformation.
• Peeling of paint from the bracket.
• Cracks and dents in, or chipping and scratches of the connector.
• Peeling off of the label or damage to the series number.
Also refer to the body dimension drawings on page BO-73 and check the dimensions and mounting surface angle of the body area where the front airbag sensors are mounted. (The airbag may malfunction, or may not work, if the mounting angle or dimensions of the sensor mount are not correct.)
Was this article helpful?