CAUTION: Work must be started after approx. 2C seconds or longer from the time the ignition switch is turned to the LOCK position and the negative (-) terminal cable is disconnected from the battery (See page AB-2). NOTICE:
• Do not open the cover or the case of the ECU ane various computers unless absolutely necessary. (If the IC terminals are touched, the IC may be destroyed by static electricity.)
• Never use airbag parts from another vehicle. When replacing parts, replace with new parts.
• Never repair a sensor in order to reuse it. REMOVE AND INSTALL CENTER AIRBAG SENSOR ASSEMBLY
(a) Disconnect and connect the connector. NOTICE: Removal and installation of the connector is done with the sensor assembly installed.
(b) Using a torx wrench, loosen and tighten the four screws.
Torx wrench: T40 (Part No. 09042-00020 or locally manufactured tool)
• Make sure the sensor assembly is installed to the specified torque.
• If the sensor assembly has been dropped, or there are cracks, dents or other defects in the case, bracket or connector, replace the sensor assembly with a new one.
• When installing the sensor assembly, take care that the airbag wirings do not interfere with other parts and are not pinched between other parts.
• After installation, shake the sensor assembly to check that there is no looseness.
Was this article helpful?