1. When removing the steering wheel pad or handling a new steering wheel pad, it should be placed with the pad top surface facing up.
In this case, the twin-lock type connector lock lever should be in the locked state and care should be taken to place it so the connector will not be damaged. And do not store a steering wheel pad on top of another one. (Storing the pad with its metallic surface up may lead to a serious accident if the airbag inflates for some reason.)
2. Never measure the resistance of the airbag squib.
(This may cause the airbag to deploy, which is very dangerous.)
»Dtnrj ApoiT* MHiib
3. Grease should not be applied to the steering wheel pad and the pad should not be cleaned with deter gents of any kind.
4. Store the steering wheel pad where the ambient temperature remains below 93°C (200° F), without high humidity and away from electrical noise.
5. When using electric welding, first disconnect the airbag connector (yellow color and 2 pins) under the steering column near the combination switch connector before starting work.
6. When disposing of a vehicle or the steering wheel pad alone, the airbag should be deployed using an
SST before disposal (See page AB-82). Perform the operation in a place away from electrical noise.
Was this article helpful?
You can now recondition your old batteries at home and bring them back to 100 percent of their working condition. This guide will enable you to revive All NiCd batteries regardless of brand and battery volt. It will give you the required information on how to re-energize and revive your NiCd batteries through the RVD process, charging method and charging guidelines.