1. INSTALL DRIVEN GEAR AND DRIVE GEAR AND SET PUMP BODY ON TORQUE CONVERTER
Make sure the top of the gears is facing upward.
2. LOOSELY INSTALL PUMP COVER
Align the bolt holes and drop the pump cover into place. Install the six bolts with wave washers finger tight.
3. ALIGN PUMP AND PUMP COVER
Install the SST around the pump and cover. Tighten SST to align the pump and cover.
SST 09350-20013 (09363-20010)
4. TIGHTEN SIX PUMP COVER BOLTS Torque: 75 kg-cm (65 in.-lb, 7.4 N-m)
5. INSTALL TWO OIL SEAL RINGS ON PUMP COVER
Spread the rings apart and slide them into the groove. Hook both ends by hand. Wipe off excess petroleum jelly.
6. INSTALL NEW O-RING ON PUMP COVER
Make sure a new 0-ring is not twisted and is fully seated in the groove.
7. CHECK PUMP DRIVE GEAR ROTATION
Turn the drive gear with SST and make sure that it rotates smoothly.
SST 09350-20013 (09397-22020)
Was this article helpful?