1. When checking voltage, resistance, etc., use a high-impedance type tester (It is impossible with a simple tester).
2. Do not attempt to disassemble or repair individual components.
3. Do not attempt to make checks with an external power (battery etc.) applied directly to the component.
4. When the ignition switch is turned ON, indications other than the speedometer will be slightly delayed but this is normal.
5. When the ignition switch is placed at ST, all meters will go out but this is normal.
6. Do not touch circuit components as there is danger of circuit damage due to static electricity. Never reverse battery connections as it could result in instant damage to the interior of the components.
7. Do not disconnect the battery while the engine is running as this would cause an instant reverse charge (100V), resulting in damage to the interior of the components.
8. Always disconnect the battery terminals before pulling apart connectors or terminals.
To prevent damage, handle meters with care.
Was this article helpful?
You can now recondition your old batteries at home and bring them back to 100 percent of their working condition. This guide will enable you to revive All NiCd batteries regardless of brand and battery volt. It will give you the required information on how to re-energize and revive your NiCd batteries through the RVD process, charging method and charging guidelines.