1. CLAMP GEAR HOUSING IN VISE
(1) The rack housing is made of aluminum, so always use soft jaws on the vise and clamp onto the part shown in the figure.
(2) If clamping onto the center tube, wrap a piece of cloth around it and be careful not to damage the tube.
2. REMOVE TURN PRESSURE RIGHT AND LEFT
TUBES AND UNION SEATS
(a) Using SST, remove the turn pressure tubes.
(b) Remove the union seats.
3. REMOVE TIE ROD ENDS
(a) Place matchmarks on the tie rod end and rack end.
(b) Loosen the clamp and remove the tie rod end from the rack end.
4. REMOVE RACK BOOTS
5. REMOVE RACK GUIDE SPRING CAP LOCK NUT
Using SST, remove the rack guide spring cap lock nut. SST 09612-24012 (09617-24020)
6. REMOVE RACK GUIDE SPRING CAP
Using SST, remove the rack guide spring cap. SST 09612-24012 (09612-10021)
7. REMOVE RACK GUIDE SPRING
8. REMOVE RACK GUIDE AND SEAT
9. REMOVE DUST COVER
10. REMOVE CONTROL VALVE HOUSING
(a) Place matchmarks on the control valve housing and rack housing.
(b) Remove the three bolts.
(c) Remove the control valve housing.
11. REMOVE PINION ADJUSTING SCREW LOCK NUT
Using SST, remove the pinion adjusting lock nut. SST 09612-24012 (09617-24020)
12. REMOVE PINION ADJUSTING SCREW
Using SST, remove the pinion adjusting screw. SST 09612-24012 (09612-10021)
(a) Unstake the claw washer. CAUTION: Avoid any impact to the rack.
(b) Using SST, remove the rack ends.
SST 09612-24012 (09617-22030.09617-24010) NOTE: Mark the left and right rack ends.
(c) Remove the claw washer.
Was this article helpful?
You can now recondition your old batteries at home and bring them back to 100 percent of their working condition. This guide will enable you to revive All NiCd batteries regardless of brand and battery volt. It will give you the required information on how to re-energize and revive your NiCd batteries through the RVD process, charging method and charging guidelines.