1. REMOVE RACE FROM OVERDRIVE
2. REMOVE OUTER SNAP RING FROM OVERDRIVE CASE
3. REMOVE CLUTCH FLANGE, DISCS PLATES AND CUSHION PLATE
4. REMOVE RING GEAR AND THRUST WASHER
5. REMOVE THRUST BEARING AND RACES FROM OVERDRIVE CASE
Note the position of the races.
6. REMOVE SNAP RING, SPRING RETAINER AND RETURN SPRINGS
7. REMOVE BRAKE PISTON
Blow compressed air through the case hole indicated in the figure to pop out the brake piston.
If the piston does not pop out, lift it out with needle-nose pliers.
8. REMOVE TWO OIL SEAL RINGS FROM OVERDRIVE CASE
9. REMOVE O-RINGS FROM PISTON
INSPECTION OF OVERDRIVE CASE AND BRAKE
INSPECT DISC, PLATE AND FLANGE
Check that the sliding surface of disc is not worn or burnt.
If the disc is worn or burnt, replace all discs.
Then check that the sliding surfaces of plate and flange are not worn or burnt.
If necessary, replace them.
NOTE: Do not allow the discs to dry out.
Prepare new discs by soaking them at least two hours in
Was this article helpful?