1. REMOVE THRUST BEARINGS AND RACES FROM OVERDRIVE INPUT SHAFT
(a) Slide off the thrust bearing and race from the clutch side by hand. Note the position of the races.
(b) Using a screwdriver, pry off the thrust washer from the planetary gear side.
2. PULL OVERDRIVE CLUTCH ASSEMBLY FROM INPUT SHAFT
CAUTION: Be careful that the thrust bearing and race do not fall out.
3. REMOVE THRUST BEARING AND RACE
Note the position of the race.
4. REMOVE SNAP RING AND HUB FROM OVERDRIVE CLUTCH ASSEMBLY
5. REMOVE THINNER SNAP RING, FLANGE. DISC AND PLATE
6. COMPRESS PISTON RETURN SPRINGS AND REMOVE SNAP RING
Place SST on the spring retainer and compress the springs with a shop press. Using a screwdriver, remove the snap ring.
SST 09350-20013 (09369-20040)
7. REMOVE SPRING RETAINER AND EIGHTEEN SPRINGS
8. ASSEMBLE OVERDRIVE CLUTCH ON OIL PUMP AND BLOW OUT PISTON
(a) Slide the overdrive clutch onto the oil pump.
(b) Apply compressed air to the oil pump to remove the piston. (If the piston does not come out completely, use needle-nose pliers to remove it.)
(c) Remove the overdrive clutch from the oil pump.
9. REMOVE CLUTCH PISTON O-RINGS
10. REMOVE SNAP RING FROM OVERDRIVE PLANETARY GEAR ASSEMBLY
11. REMOVE THRUST WASHERS AND ONE-WAY CLUTCH FROM PLANETARY GEAR ASSEMBLY
CAUTION: Be careful not to lose the four plugs.
12. REMOVE FOUR PLUGS WITH MAGNETIC FINGER
CAUTION: Keep the four plugs together to prevent losing them.
13. REMOVE ONE-WAY CLUTCH FROM OUTER RACE
Note the direction of the one-way clutch.
Was this article helpful?
You can now recondition your old batteries at home and bring them back to 100 percent of their working condition. This guide will enable you to revive All NiCd batteries regardless of brand and battery volt. It will give you the required information on how to re-energize and revive your NiCd batteries through the RVD process, charging method and charging guidelines.