1. REMOVE REAR DISC BRAKE ASSEMBLY
(a) Remove two torque plate mount bolts and remove the disc brake.
(b) Suspend the disc brake so the hose is not stretched.
2. REMOVE ROTOR DISC
3. MEASURE BRAKE SHOE LINING THICKNESS (See page BR -33)
4. REMOVE SHOE RETURN SPRINGS
5. REMOVE SHOE STRUT WITH SPRING
6. REMOVE FRONT SHOE, SHOE ADJUSTING SCREW SET AND TENSION SPRING
(a) Slide out the front shoe and remove the shoe adjusting screw set.
(b) Remove the tension spring and front shoe.
7. REMOVE REAR SHOE
(a) Slide out the rear shoe.
(b) Disconnect the parking brake cable from the parking brake shoe lever.
Was this article helpful?