1. INSURE CORRECT ENGINE TUNE-UP
2. PRECAUTIONS WHEN CONNECTING GAUGE
(a) Connect the tachometer to the service connector.
(b) Use the battery as the power source for the timing light, tachometer, etc.
3. IN EVENT OF ENGINE MISFIRE, THE CATALYTIC CONVERTER MAY OVERHEAT. THEREFORE, THE FOLLOWING PRECAUTIONS SHOULD BE TAKEN
(a) Insure correct drive belt adjustment.
(b) Insure proper connection of battery terminals, etc.
(c) Handle resistor cords carefully.
(d) After repair work, insure that the ignition coil terminals and all other ignition system lines are reconnected securely.
When cleaning the engine compartment, be especially careful to protect the electrical system from water.
4. PRECAUTIONS WHEN HANDLING OXYGEN SENSOR
(a) Do not allow oxygen sensor to drop or hit against an object.
(b) Do not allow water to come into contact with the sensor or attempt to cool it.
WHEN CAR IS EQUIPPED WITH A MOBILE RADIO SYSTEM (HAM, CB, ETC.)
The ECU has been designed so that it will not be affected by outside interference.
However, if your vehicle is equipped with an amateur radio transceiver, etc.
(a) Install the antenna as far as possible from the ECU. The ECU is located behind the glove box so the antenna should be installed at the rear, left side of the vehicle.
If installing in the bumper, do so on the left side, if possible.
(b) Keep the antenna feeder as far away as possible from the ECU wires — at least 20 cm (7 87 in.) — and, especially, do not wind them together.
(c) Insure that the feeder and antenna are properly adjusted.
(d) Do not equip your vehicle with a powerful mobile radio system.
AIR INDUCTION SYSTEM
1. Separation of the engine oil level gauge, oil filler cap. PCV hose, etc. may cause the engine to run out of tune.
2. Disconnection, looseness or cracks in the parts of the air intake system between the air flow meter and cylinder head will allow air suction and cause bad engine tune.
1. Before removing EFI wiring connectors, terminals, etc., first disconnect power by either turning OFF the ignition switch or disconnecting the battery terminals.
2. When installing a battery, be especially careful not to incorrectly connect the positive and negative cables.
3. Do not permit parts to receive a severe impact during removal or installation. Handle all EFI parts carefully and, in particular, the ECU.
4. Do not be careless during troubleshooting as there are numerous transistor circuits and even slight terminal contact can cause further troubles.
6. When inspecting during rainy weather, take care to prevent entry of water. Also, when washing the engine compartment, prevent water from getting on the EFI parts and wiring connectors.
7. Parts should be replaced as an assembly.
8. Sufficient care is required when pulling out and inserting wiring connectors.
4a) Release the lock and pull out the connector, pulling on the connectors.
(b) Fully insert the connector and insure that it is locked.
9. When inspecting a connector with a volt/ohmmeter.
(a) Carefully take out the water-proofing rubber if it is a water-proof typo connector.
(b) Insert the tester probe into the connector from the wiring side when checking the continuity, amperage or voltage.
(c) Do not apply unnecessary force to the terminal.
(d) After checking, install the water-proofing rubber on the connector securely.
10. Use SST for inspection or test of the injector, cold start injector or its wiring connector.
SST 09842-30020 and 09842-30050
Delivery Pipe m
Injector Gromaiet f ! Ihm m met
Grommet IN Manifold
Grommet IN Manifold
Was this article helpful?
You can now recondition your old batteries at home and bring them back to 100 percent of their working condition. This guide will enable you to revive All NiCd batteries regardless of brand and battery volt. It will give you the required information on how to re-energize and revive your NiCd batteries through the RVD process, charging method and charging guidelines.