1. INSTALL OIL PUMP DRIVE PULLEY
Using SST to hold the pulley, install and torque the pulley bolt.
2. INSTALL CRANKSHAFT TIMING PULLEY
Using SST and hammer, drive in the pulley. SST 09214-60010
3. TEMPORARILY INSTALL IDLER PULLEY AND TENSION SPRING
Push the idler pulley toward the alternator side as far as it will go and temporarily tighten it.
4. TEMPORARILY INSTALL TIMING BELT ON CRANKSHAFT TIMING PULLEY
(a) Check the rotation direction mark placed on the timing belt during disassembly.
(b) Install the timing belt on the crankshaft timing pulley.
5. INSTALL NO. 1 TIMING BELT COVER
6. INSTALL BRACKET OF COOLER COMPRESSOR
7. INSTALL CRANKSHAFT PULLEY
(a) Install the crankshaft pulley and pulley bolt.
(b) Using SST to hold the crankshaft pulley, torque the pulley bolt.
8. REMOVE OIL FILLER CAP AND CYLINDER HEAD COVER OF EXHAUST SIDE
9. INSTALL CAMSHAFT TIMING PULLEY AND TIMING BELT
(a) Make sure that the match hole on the No. 2 journal of the camshaft housing is aligned with that of the camshaft.
If not aligned, temporarily install the camshaft timing pulley and insert the match pin into the pin hole.
Then, align the match holes by turning the camshaft timing pulley.
Tension m if*
(b) Install the camshaft timing puHeys with tho guides facing the directions indicated below.
EX side With the pulley guide facing the No. 2
timing belt cover side
IN side With the pulley guide facing the front side
(c) Align the matchmarks of the No. 2 timing belt cover with those of the camshaft timing pulleys and of the crankshaft pulley,
NOTE: Make sure that the No. 1 cylinder is set to TDC/ compression.
(d) Install the timing belt with the belt having proper tension between the crankshaft timing pulley and the camshaft timing pulley on the exhaust side.
NOTE: Install the timing belt while the engine is cold.
(e) Loosen the idler pulley set bolt and stretch the timing bolt. Torque the idler pulley set bolt.
NOTE: Make sure that the timing belt tension at A is equal to that at B.
<f) There are three pin holes on the camshaft and timing pulleys.
Select one overlapped hole and insert the pin into it. NOTE:
• If there is no overlapping hole, find one that is nearly overlapped and rotate the crankshaft slightly to overlap it and insert the pin.
• The crankshaft pulley angle can be adjusted approximately 3° by changing the pin hole to the next one.
(g) Using SST to hold the pulley, install the bolt. SST 09278-54012
CAUTION: Do not make use of the timing belt tension when tightening the bolt.
(h) Loosen the idler pulley set bolt.
(i) Turn the crankshaft clockwise two times, (j) Retighten the idler pulley set bolt.
10. CHECK TIMING MARKS
(a) Rotate the crankshaft two times clockwise.
(b) Check the timing marks. (Refer to the section of INSPECTION AND ADJUSTMENT OF VALVE TIMING —See page EM-7)
11. CHECK TIMING BELT TENSION (See step 10 on page EM-11)
12. INSTALL CYLINDER HEAO COVER AND GASKET ON EXHAUST SIDE
13. INSTALL OIL FILLER CAP
14. INSTALL NO. 3 TIMING BELT COVER AND GASKET
15. INSTALL FLUID COUPLING WITH FAN SHROUD
16. INSTALL RADIATOR UPPER HOSE
17. INSTALL DRIVE BELTS (See page MA-4)
18. INSTALL AIR CLEANER CASE WITH AIR INTAKE CONNECTOR
19. FILL WITH COOLANT
20. CONNECT CABLE TO NEGATIVE TERMINAL OF BATTERY
Was this article helpful?