1. CONNECT THROTTLE CABLE TO CAM
Push the cable fitting into the cam.
2. REMOVE ACCUMULATOR RETAINING PLATE
Remove the two pan bolts, and slide out the plate.
3. INSTALL VALVE BODY
(a) Align the manual valve lever with the manual valve.
(b) Install the B2 and C? accumulator piston springs.
4. INSTALL VALVE BODY BOLTS
Install the bolts as shown. Tighten the bolts evenly. Torque: 100 kg-cm (7 ft-lb, 10 N-m)
5. INSTALL OIL STRAINER
Be sure the strainer is clean. Torque the six bolts. Torque: 55 kg-cm (48 in.-lb, 5.4 N-m)
6. WHEN REPLACING SOLENOID
• Install the solenoid into the bore.
• Tighten the two bolts. Torque: 55 kg-cm (48 in.-lb, 5.4 N-m)
• Make sure that the two valve spring are installed correctly.
• Install the solenoid over the gasket and install the center of the bolt.
• Tighten the three bolts. Torque: 100 kg-cm (7 ft-lb, 10 N-m)
7. CONNECT TWO CONNECTORS TO EACH SOLENOID
(a) Connect the two connectors to each solenoid. <b) Clamp the solenoid wire.
8. INSTALL FOUR OIL TUBES
Press the tubes by hand into the positions indicated in numerical order shown.
CAUTION: Make sure that the oil tubes or the two magnets do not interfere with the oil pan.
9. INSTALL PAN WITH NEW GASKET
Be sure the pan is clean and the two magnets are in place.
CAUTION: Do not use gasket sealer.
Tighten the bolts evenly.
10. INSTALL DRAIN PLUG
Torque the drain plug.
11. FILL TRANSMISSION WITH ATF
Add only about four quarts of ATF. CAUTION: Do not overfill. Fluid type: ATF DEXRON* D
12. CHECK FLUID LEVEL (See page MA-13)
Was this article helpful?