1. DRAIN COOLANT FROM RADIATOR AND CYLINDER BLOCK
2. REMOVE HOOD
4. REMOVE WASHER TANK
5. REMOVE AIR CLEANER CASE. AIR FLOW METER AND AIR INTAKE CONNECTOR PIPE
6. REMOVE THROTTLE CABLE BRACKET FROM CYLINDER HEAD COVER (for A/T)
7. REMOVE ACCELERATOR AND ACTUATOR CABLE BRACKET FROM CYLINDER HEAD COVER
8. DISCONNECT FOLLOWING WIRES AND CABLES: (a) Ground strap from the cylinder head lb) Oxygen sensor wire
(c) Oil pressure sending unit wire
(d) Alternator wires
(e) High-tension cord from the ignition coil
(f) Distributor connector
(g> Water temp, sending unit wire
(hi Temp, switch wire (for AfO
(i) Starter wires
(j) ECT connectors
(k) Solenoid resistor wire connector
(I) Knock sensor wire connector
9. DISCONNECT FOLLOWING HOSES:
(a) Brake booster vacuum hose from the air intake chamber.
(b) Actuator vacuum hose from the air intake chamber (with cruise control system).
(c) EGR valve vacuum hose.
10. DISCONNECT TWO HEATER HOSES
11. DISCONNECT EFI WIRE HARNESS FROM ECU
(a) Remove the glove box.
(b) Remove the computer.
(c) Disconnect the three connectors.
(d) Pull out the EFI wire harness from cowl panel.
12. REMOVE FAN SHROUD AND FLUID COUPLING
(a) Remove the radiator upper hose.
(b) Remove the four shroud bolts and the four coupling set nuts.
(c) Remove the shroud with the coupling.
13. REMOVE ENGINE UNDERCOVER
14. REMOVE RADIATOR
(a) Remove the radiator lower hose.
(b) Disconnect the two oil cooler hoses (for A/T).
(c) Disconnect the coolant reservoir hose.
(d) Remove the two radiator mounting bolts and radiator.
15. REMOVE COOLANT RESERVOIR TANK
16. REMOVE COMPRESSOR WITH BRACKET FROM CYLINDER BLOCK
<a) Remove the drive belt.
(b) Remove the compressor mounting bolts.
(c) Lay the compressor with bracket to one side without disconnecting the hoses.
17. REMOVE POWER STEERING PUMP FROM BRACKET
(a) Remove the PS pump pulley with the drive belt.
(b) Remove the three pressure and return line brackets.
(c) Disconnect the pressure and return lines.
(d) Remove the PS pump stay.
(e) Remove the PS pump from bracket.
18. REMOVE ENGINE MOUNTING BOLTS ON EACH SIDE OF ENGINE AND GROUND STRAP
19. REMOVE SHIFT LEVER FROM INSIDE OF VEHICLE (M/T only)
20. RAISE VEHICLE
CAUTION: Be sure the vehicle Is securely supported.
21. DRAIN ENGINE OIL
22. DISCONNECT EXHAUST PIPE FROM EXHAUST MANIFOLD
23. REMOVE EXHAUST PIPE CLAMP FROM TRANSMISSION HOUSING
24. REMOVE CLUTCH RELEASE CYLINDER (MfT only)
25. REMOVE SPEEDOMETER CABLE
26. DISCONNECT SHIFT LINKAGE FROM SHIFT LEVER (A/T only)
27. DISCONNECT WIRE FROM BACK-UP LIGHT SWITCH (M/T only)
28. REMOVE STIFFENER PLATE WITH GROUND STRAP
29. DISCONNECT FUEL TUBE AND HOSE
(a) Main tube from the fuel filter.
(b) Return hose from the fuel hose support.
CAUTION: Catch leaking fuel in a container and plug the line.
30. REMOVE POWER STEERING GEAR HOUSING
<a) Remove the two lock bolts and remove the sliding yoke.
ib) Remove the cotter pin and nut holding the knuckle arm to the tie rod.
<c) Using SST, disconnect the tie rod end fromnhe knuckle arm.
SST 09611 22012
(d) Remove the gear housing brackets.
<e) Remove the gear housing assembly.
<f) Suspend the gear housing with the string or such to protect the pressure and return line.
31. REMOVE INTERMEDIATE SHAFT FROM PROPELLER SHAFT
32. PLACE JACK UNDER TRANSMISSION
Be sure to put a wooden block between the jack and the transmission pan to prevent damage.
33. INSTALL A WOODEN BLOCK BETWEEN COWL PANEL AND CYLINDER HEAD REAR END TO PREVENT DAMAGE TO HEATER HOSE
34. REMOVE ENGINE REAR SUPPORT MEMBER WITH GROUND STRAP FROM BODY
35. REMOVE ENGINE WITH TRANSMISSION FROM VEHICLE
(a) Attach the engine hoist chain to the lift brackets of the engine.
(b) Lift the engine out of the vehicle slowly and carefully. NOTE: Make sure the engine is clear of all wiring and hoses.
36. PLACE ENGINE ONTO ENGINE STAND
37. REMOVE TRANSMISSION FROM ENGINE
(a) Remove the starter.
(b) Remove the exhaust pipe bracket from the engine.
(c) Disconnect the transmission from the engine.
Was this article helpful?
You can now recondition your old batteries at home and bring them back to 100 percent of their working condition. This guide will enable you to revive All NiCd batteries regardless of brand and battery volt. It will give you the required information on how to re-energize and revive your NiCd batteries through the RVD process, charging method and charging guidelines.