1. INSPECT AND ADJUST CLUTCH PEDAL SUB-ASSY
(a) Turn over the floor carpet.
(b) Check that the pedal height is correct. Pedal height from asphalt sheet: 135.8 - 145.8 mm (5.346 - 5.740 in.)
(c) Adjust the pedal height.
(1) Loosen the lock nut and turn the stopper bolt until the height is correct. Tighten the lock nut. Torque: 24.5 Nm (245 kgfcm, 18 ftlbf)
(d) Check that the pedal free play and push rod play are correct.
(1) Depress the pedal until the clutch resistance begin to be felt.
(2) Gently depress the pedal until the resistance begins to increase a little.
Push rod play at pedal top: 1.0 - 5.0 mm (0.039 - 0.197 in.)
(e) Adjust the pedal free play and push rod play.
(1) Loosen the lock nut and turn the push rod until the free play and push rod play are correct.
(2) Tighten the lock nut.
(3) After adjusting the pedal free play, check the pedal height.
(4) Connect the air duct and install the lower finish panel.
(f) Check the clutch release point.
(1) Pull the parking brake lever and install wheel stopper.
(2) Start the engine and idle the engine.
(3) Without depressing the clutch pedal, slowly shift the shift lever into reverse position until the gears contact.
(4) Gradually depress the clutch pedal and measure the stroke distance from the point that the gear noise stops (release point) up to the full stroke end position.
Was this article helpful?