(a) Inspect VSV for evaporative emission (EVAP).
(1) Using an ohmmeter, check that there is continuity between the terminals. Resistance: 27 - 33 Q at 20oC (68°F) If there is no continuity, replace the VSV.
(2) Using an ohmmeter, check that there is no continuity between each terminal and the body. If there is continuity, replace the VSV.
(3) Check that air flows from ports E to F.
(4) Apply battery positive voltage across the terminals.
(5) Check that air does not flow from ports E to F. If operation is not as specified, replace the VSV.
Was this article helpful?