The fuel system monitor is designed to set a DTC if the fuel injection system is going to exceed emission standards. This monitor uses the fuel trim correction levels for detection. The amount of fuel trim correction that will set a DTC varies with each engine type and model year.
1. Explain in detail Open Loop Operation?
2. Explain in detail Closed Loop Operation?
3. Explain the relationship between "Stiochometric Fuel Ratio" and "Catalytic Converter efficiency":
4. List the five engine conditions when the ECM will be in "Open Loop Mode":
5. Explain in detail how the ECM uses the Oxygen Sensor to control fuel duration:
6. Explain the term "Fuel Trim"
7. Explain in detail both "SHORT Fuel Trim" and "LONG Fuel Trim";
Was this article helpful?