The following RPM Drop Test may be used as a basic quick check to confirm that the PCV system is functioning:
• Start the engine and allow it to reach operating temperature
• On TCCS equipped vehicles, connect TE to E1 at the diagnostic connector
• Allow the engine to stabilize at idle
• Pinch or block the hose between the PCV valve and vacuum source
• Typically, engine rpm should drop around 50 rpm If engine rpm does not change, check the PCV valve and system hoses for blockage. Replace components as necessary and then retest the system.
Was this article helpful?