Using SST, align the holes of the idler gear and No.1 idler sub-gear by turning the No.1 idler sub-gear clockwise, and install a service bolt. v \
SST 09960-10010 (09962-01000, 09963-0060^) INSTALL TIMING GEAR NOTICE:
The matchmark on each gear faces the front of the en* gine.
Take care not to damage the gear teeth when removing and installing the gears. Do not use parts that are scratched or damaged, they cause noise.
engine meannrnta. - ttoinggekb^-
Install the crankshaft timing gear. (T) With the crankshaft key groove facing upward, install the crankshaft timing gear into the crankshaft. j r \ When doing this, the matchmarks of the oil pump drive shaft gear and crankshaft timing gear should be matched at "1".
Using SST and a hammer, tap in the timing gear. 09223-00010
(b) Install the injection pump drive gear.
(1) Install the set key to the groove of the injection pump drive shaft.
(2) The matchmarks on the No.2 balance shaft driven gear should be aligned with "3" marks.
(3) Install a new O-ririg gear.
pump drive pump drive
(4) Install the injection pump drive gear set nut.
(5) Using SST, torque the nut.
SST 09960-10010 (09962-01000, 09963-00600) u Torque: 64 Nm (650 kgf-cm, 47 ft-lbf)
(c) Install the idler gear.
(1) Coat the idler gear shaft with engine oil as shown in the illustration.
^ (2) Install the idler gear shaft to the cylinder block.
(3) Align the idler gear assembly timing marks "5" and "4" with the crankshaft timing gear mark "5" and injection pump drive gear timing mark "4" respectively, and mesh the gears.
Was this article helpful?