(a) Disconnect the valve connector.
(b) Using an ohmmeter, measure the resistance between the terminals.
If the resistance is not as specified, replace the valve.
(c) Inspect the valve solenoid operation.
(1) Connect the battery positive the terminal to the valve terminal +B.
(2) Connect the battery negative terminal to the valve terminal TCV.
(3) Check that the solenoid makes a "clicks" sound. If operation is not as specified, replace the valve. NOTICE:
• Do not apply voltage for more than 30 seconds to avoid burning out the solenoid.
• If repeating this step, wait until the solenoid colls down enough that it can be touched by hand.
(d) Reconnect the valve connector.
Was this article helpful?