(a) With hand-held tester
(1) Connect the hand-held tester to the DLC3.
(2) Select the tester menus: OBD/MOBD, ENGINE, DATA LIST and A/T.
(4) Allow the engine to idle until the fluid temperature reaches 46°C (115°F).
(b) Without hand-held tester (Using A/T OIL TEMP indicator)
(1) Connect terminals between CG (4) and TC (13) of the DLC3 using SST (09843-18040).
(2) Move the shift lever back and forth between N and D at 1.5 seconds interval for six seconds.
(3) The D shift indicator on the combination meter comes on for two seconds. This indicates that the fluid temperature check mode has been started.
(4) The D shift indicator comes on again when the fluid temperature reaches 46 °C (115 °F) and blinks when it exceeds 56°C (130°F).
(5) Allow the engine to idle until the fluid temperature reaches 46°C (115°F).
Was this article helpful?