INSPECT RESISTANCE OF ISC VALVE
(a) Disconnect the ISC valve connector.
(b) Using on ohmmeter, measure the resistance between each terminal.
Resistance: ISCj — +B 16 — 17ft ISC2 - +B 16 - 17 il
REMOVAL OF ISC VALVE
1. DRAIN COOLANT FROM THROTTLE BODY
2. DISCONNECT ISC VALVE CONNECTOR
3. DISCONNECT TWO WATER BY-PASS HOSES
4. REMOVE ISC VALVE (See page FI-102)
(a) Apply battery voltage, connect the positive terminal to +B terminal and the negative terminal to \SClr terminal. Check that the valve moves toward the closed position.
(b) Apply terminal voltage, connect the positive terminal to +B terminal and the negative terminal to ISC2 terminal. Check that the valve moves toward the open position.
INSTALLATION OF ISC VALVE
1. INSTALL ISC VALVE (See page FI-103)
2. CONNECT TWO WATER BY-PASS HOSES
3. CONNECT ISC VALVE CONNECTOR
4. REFILL WITH COOLANT
Was this article helpful?