(a) Install a new O-ring to the distributor.
NOTE: Always use a new O-ring when installing the distributor.
(b) Align the drilled mark on the driven gear with the cavity of the housing.
(c) Insert the distributor, aligning the center of the flange with that of the bolt hole on the cylinder head.
(d) Lightly tighten the hold-down bolts.
3. CONNECT DISTRIBUTOR CONNECTOR
4. CONNECT HIGH-TENSION CORDS TO CYLINDER HEAD AND IGNITION COIL
5. CONNECT TACHOMETER AND TIMING LIGHT TO
Connect the tachometer (+) terminal to the ignition coil
• NEVER allow the ignition coil terminal to touch ground as it could result in damage to the igniter and/or ignition coil.
• As some tachometers are not compatible with this ignition system, we recommended that you confirm the compatibility of your unit before using.
6. WARM UP ENGINE
Allow the engine to reach normal operating temperature.
7. ADJUST IGNITION TIMING
(a) Short the terminals T and Ex of the check connector.
NOTE: The service connector is located near the resonator (4A-GE) or intercooler (4A-GZE).
(b) Using a timing light, check the ignition timing.
Ignition timing: 10° BTDC @ Idling
(w/short-circuited T-E1# Transmission in "N" position)
(c) If necessary, loosen the distributor bolt and turn the distributor to align the marks. Recheck the timing after tightening the distributor.
(d) Unshort the check connector.
8. FURTHER CHECK IGNITION TIMING
Ignition timing: (Transmission in "N" position) M/T More than 16° BTDC @ Idling A/T More than 12° BTDC @ Idling
Was this article helpful?
You can now recondition your old batteries at home and bring them back to 100 percent of their working condition. This guide will enable you to revive All NiCd batteries regardless of brand and battery volt. It will give you the required information on how to re-energize and revive your NiCd batteries through the RVD process, charging method and charging guidelines.