Remove the bolt, pulley and tension spring.
14. REMOVE CRANKSHAFT TIMING PULLEY
NOTE: If the pulley is difficult to remove by hand, remove using SST.
REMOVE OIL COOLER HOSE
DISCONNECT A/T THROTTLE CABLE
17. DISCONNECT ACCELERATOR CABLE
18. (w/Cruise control)
DISCONNECT CRUISE CONTROL CABLE
19. REMOVE PCV HOSE
REMOVE ACCELERATOR LINK AND SPEEDOMETER CABLE CLAMP
Remove the four bolts, accelerator link and speedometer cable clamp.
21. (4A-GZE w/ Cruise control) REMOVE ACCELERATOR LINK
Disconnect accelerator rod, and remove the three bolts and accelerator link.
22. REMOVE CYLINDER HEAD COVERS
(a) Disconnect following wires:
• Engine compartment cooling fan motor connector
• Noise filter connector
• Distributor wire connectors
• Oil pressure sender gauge connector
(b) Remove the four bolts, center cover and gasket.
(c) Remove the eight cap nuts, seal washers, two head covers and gaskets.
23. REMOVE CAMSHAFT TIMING PULLEYS
Secure the hexagonal portion of the camshaft remove the bolt, plate washer and pulley. Remove the two camshaft pulleys.
CAUTION: Be careful not to damage the cylinder head with the wrench.
Was this article helpful?