(b) Loosen the idler pulley bolt, push it left as far as it will go and then temporarily tighten it.
(c) Remove the timing belt from the camshaft timing pulleys.
• Support the belt so the meshing of the crankshaft timing pulley and timing belt does not shift.
• Be careful not to drop anything inside the timing belt cover.
• Do not allow the belt to come into contact with oil, water or dust.
37. REMOVE CAMSHAFT TIMING PULLEYS
Secure the hexagonal portion of the camshaft, remove the bolt, plate washer and pulley. Remove the two camshaft pulleys.
CAUTION: Be careful not to damage the cylinder head with the wrench.
38. REMOVE RH MOUNTING BRACKET
Remove the three bolts and bracket.
39. REMOVE NO. 4 TIMING BELT COVER
Remove the seven bolts and No. 4 timing belt cover.
40. INSPECT CAMSHAFT THRUST CLEARANCE
Using a dial indicator, measure the thrust clearance while moving the camshaft back and forth.
Standard clearance: 0.08 - 0.19 mm
(0.0031 - 0.0075 in.) Maximum clearance: 0.30 mm (0.0118 in.)
If clearance is greater than maximum, replace the camshaft and/or cylinder head.
Was this article helpful?
This book will surely change your life due to the fact that after reading this book and following through with the steps that are laid out for you in a clear and concise form you will be earning as much as several thousand extra dollars a month, as you can see by the cover of the book we will be discussing how you can make cash for what is considered trash by many people, these are items that have value to many people that can be sold and help people who need these items most.