1. After repair of the trouble area, the diagnostic code retained in memory by the ECU must be cancelled out by removing the fuse "EFI 15A" for 10 seconds or more, depending on ambient temperature (the lower the temperature, the longer the fuse must be left out) with the ignition switch OFF.
• Cancellation can also be done by removing the battery negative (-) terminal, but in this case, other memory systems (clock, etc.) will also be cancelled out.
• If the diagnostic code is not cancelled out, it will be retained by the ECU and appear along with a new code in the event of future trouble.
• If it is necessary to work on engine components requiring removal of the battery terminal, a check must first be made to see if a diagnostic code has been recorded.
2. After cancellation, perform road test of the vehicle to check that a normal code is now read on the "CHECK" engine warning light.
If the same diagnostic code appears, it indicates that the trouble area has not been repaired thoroughly.
Was this article helpful?