1. CHECK THAT PEDAL HEIGHT IS CORRECT
Pedal height from asphalt sheet: 184-194 mm
2. IF NECESSARY, ADJUST PEDAL HEIGHT
Loosen the lock nut and turn the stopper bolt until the height is correct. Tighten the lock nut.
3. CHECK THAT PEDAL FREEPLAY AND PUSH ROD PLAY ARE CORRECT
Push in on the pedal until the beginning of clutch resistance is felt.
(Push rod play)
Push in on the pedal with a finger softly until the resistance begins to increase a little.
4. IF NECESSARY, ADJUST PEDAL FREEPLAY AND PUSH ROD PLAY
(a) Loosen the lock nut and turn the push rod until the freeplay and push rod play are correct.
(b) Tighten the lock nut.
(c) After adjusting the pedal freeplay, check the pedal height.
5. INSPECT CLUTCH RELEASE POINT
(a) Pull the parking brake lever and install wheel stopper.
(b) Start the engine and idle the engine.
(c) Without depressing the clutch pedal, slowly shift the shift lever into reverse position until the gears contact.
(d) Gradually depress the clutch pedal and measure the stroke distance from the point the gear noise stops (release point) up to the full stroke end position.
Standard distance: 25 mm (0.98 in.) or more
(From pedal stroke end position to release point)
If the distance is not as specified, perform the following operation.
• Inspect pedal height.
• Inspect push rod play and pedal freeplay.
• Inspect the clutch cover and disc.
Was this article helpful?