1. REMOVE DUST BOOT AND SLIDING BUSHING
2. REMOVE MAIN PIN BOOT
Using a chisel and hammer, tap out the dust boots.
3. REMOVE CYLINDER BOOT SET RING AND CYLINDER BOOT
Using a screwdriver, remove the cylinder boot set ring and cylinder boot.
4. REMOVE PISTON FROM CYLINDER
Using SST, turn the piston counterclockwise and remove it.
SST 09719-14020 (09719-00020)
5. REMOVE PISTON SEAL FROM CYLINDER
Using a screwdriver, remove the piston seal.
6. REMOVE ADJUSTING BOLT
(a) Set SST onto the adjusting bolt, and lightly tighten it with a 14 mm socket.
• To insure safety, always use SST as there is a possibility of the spring flying out, causing injury or damaging to the interior surface of the cylinder.
• Be careful not to tighten the SST too tightly as this may damage the spring retainer.
(b) Using snap ring pliers, remove the snap ring from the cylinder.
(c) Remove the parking brake strut, spring retainer, spring, spring plate and stopper together with the adjusting bolt from the cylinder.
7. DISASSEMBLE ADJUSTING BOLT
(a) Remove SST. SST 09756-00010
(b) Remove the spring retainer, spring, spring plate and stopper from the adjusting bolt.
(c) Remove the O-ring from the adjusting bolt.
8. REMOVE TORSION SPRING FROM PARKING BRAKE CRANK
9. REMOVE PARKING BRAKE CRANK FROM CYLINDER
10. REMOVE PARKING BRAKE CRANK BOOT
Using a chisel and hammer, tap out the parking brake crank boot.
11. REMOVE CABLE SUPPORT BRACKET
12. REMOVE STOPPER PIN
Using a pin punch, tap out the pin.
Was this article helpful?