1. DISCONNECT HIGH-TENSION CORDS FROM SPARK PLUGS
Disconnect the high-tension cords at rubber boot. DO NOT pull on the cords.
NOTICE: Pulling on or bending the cords may damage the conductor inside.
2. DISCONNECT HIGH-TENSION CORD FROM IGNITION COIL (See procedure step 3 on pages IG-14 and 15)
3. REMOVE DISTRIBUTOR CAP WITHOUT DISCONNECTING HIGH- TENSION CORDS
4. INSPECT HIGH-TENSION CORD RESISTANCE
Using an ohmmeter, measure the resistance without disconnecting the distributor cap.
Maximum resistance: 25 kQ per cord
If the resistance is greater than maximum, check the terminals. If necessary, replace the high- tension cord and/ or distributor cap.
5. REINSTALL DISTRIBUTOR CAP
6. RECONNECT HIGH-TENSION CORD TO IGNITION COIL (See procedure step 5 on pages IG-16 and 17)
7. RECONNECT HIGH-TENSION CORDS TO SPARK PLUGS
Was this article helpful?
You can now recondition your old batteries at home and bring them back to 100 percent of their working condition. This guide will enable you to revive All NiCd batteries regardless of brand and battery volt. It will give you the required information on how to re-energize and revive your NiCd batteries through the RVD process, charging method and charging guidelines.