1. INSTALL INJECTORS AND DELIVERY PIPE
(a) Install a new grommet to the injector.
(b) Apply a light coat of gasoline to a new 0-ring and install it to the injector.
(c) While turning the injector left and right, install it to the delivery pipes. Install the four injectors.
(d) Place four new insulators and the two spacers in position on the cylinder head.
(e) Place the four injectors together with the delivery pipe in position on the cylinder head.
(f) Temporarily install the two bolts holding the delivery pipe to the cylinder head.
(g) Check that the injectors rotate smoothly.
HINT: If injectors do not rotate smoothly, the probable cause is incorrect installation of 0-rings. Replace the O-rings.
(h) Position the injector connector upward.
(i) Temporarily connect the fuel inlet hose to the delivery pipe with two new gaskets and the pulsation damper.
(j) Tighten the two bolts holding the delivery pipe to the cylinder head.
(k) Install the bolt holding the fuel inlet hose to the cylinder head.
(I) Tighten the pulsation damper. Torque: 350 kg-cm (25 ft-lb, 34 N-m)
2. CONNECT VACUUM SENSING HOSE TO FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR
3. CONNECT FUEL RETURN HOSE TO RETURN PIPE
4. INSTALL ENGINE WIRE
(a) Install the two wire clamps to the wire brackets on the intake manifold.
(b) Install the two wire clamps to the mount bolts of the No.2 timing belt cover.
5. CONNECT INJECTOR CONNECTORS
Connect the injector connectors as shown in the figure.
HINT: No.1 and No.4 injector connectors are brown. No.2 and No.3 injector connectors are gray.
6. INSTALL ACCELERATOR BRACKETS
(a) Install the RH accelerator bracket with the bolt.
(b) Install the LH accelerator bracket with the two bolts. Connect the clip of the engine wire to the LH accelerator bracket.
7. CONNECT BRAKE BOOSTER VACUUM HOSE TO INTAKE MANIFOLD
8. INSTALL COLD START INJECTOR PIPE (See step 2 on page FI-104)
9. (w/ CRUISE CONTROL SYSTEM) INSTALL CRUISE CONTROL ACTUATOR (See step 33 on page EM-225)
10. INSTALL AIR CLEANER
(See step 35 on page EM-226)
11. INSTALL ENGINE HOOD SIDE PANELS
12. CONNECT CABLE TO. NEGATIVE TERMINAL OF BATTERY
13. CHECK FOR FUEL LEAKAGE (See page FI-9)
Was this article helpful?