INSPECT RESISTANCE OF COLD START INJECTOR
(a) Disconnect the cold start injector connector.
(b) Using an ohmmeter, measure the resistance between the terminals.
If the resistance is not as specified, replace the cold start injector.
(c) Reconnect the cold start injector connector. REMOVAL OF COLD START INJECTOR
1. DISCONNECT CABLE FROM NEGATIVE TERMINAL OF BATTERY
CAUTION: Work must be started after approx. 20 seconds or longer from the time the ignition switch is turned to the "LOCK" position and the negative (-) terminal cable is disconnected from the battery.
2. DISCONNECT COLD START INJECTOR CONNECTOR
3. REMOVE COLD START INJECTOR PIPE
Remove the two union bolts and four gaskets and injector pipe.
• Put a suitable container or shop towel under the injector pipe.
• Slowly loosen the union bolt.
4. REMOVE COLD START INJECTOR
Remove the two bolts, cold start injector and gasket.
Was this article helpful?