1. Do not leave the ignition switch on for more than 10 minutes if the engine will not start.
2. With a tachometer connected to the system, connect the test probe of the tachometer to terminal IG© of the check connector.
3. With a tachometer connected to the system, connect the power source probe of the tachometer to service terminal + B of the engine compartment relay box.
4. As some tachometers are not compatible with this ignition system, we recommend that you confirm the compatibility of yours before use.
5. NEVER allow the tachometer terminal to touch ground as this could damage the igniter and/or ignition coil.
6. Do not disconnect the battery when the engine is running.
7. Check that the igniter is properly grounded to the body.
Was this article helpful?