1. REMOVE SPARE TIRE
2. REMOVE FRONT LUGGAGE COMPARTMENT TRIM
3. REMOVE UPPER RADIATOR SUPPORT SEAL
SET SERVICE HOSES
(a) Connect the service hoses to the radiator air drain and heater valve.
(b) Suspend the opposite end to the service hose connected to radiator air drain to the front hood stay.
(c) Suspend the opposite end to the service hose connected to heater valve to the front hood.
NOTICE: Do not close-off or pinch any of the service hoses.
FILL WITH ENGINE COOLANT
(a) Set the heater control lever to hot.
(b) Open the radiator and heater air drain plugs above three turns.
(c) Slowly fill the water filler with coolant.
• Use a good brand of ethylene-glycol base coolant mixed according to the manufacturer's directions.
• Using coolant which includes more than 50 % ethylene-glycol (but not more than is recommended).
• Do not use alcohol type coolant.
• The coolant should be mixed with demineralized water or distilled water.
Capacity (w/ Heater):
3S-GTE 13.6 liters (14.4 US qts, 12.0 Imp. qts) 5S-FE 13.0 liters (13.7 US qts, 11.4 Imp. qts)
(d) Check that air is absent from the air drain plugs of the radiator and heater while filling the water filler inlet to the top with coolant.
(e) Visually check that the level of coolant in the air drain service hoses of the radiator and heater are the same as in the water filler.
NOTICE: If the water level in the air drain service hose is clearly lower, air removal has been incomplete so check if the service hose is crushed or bent, them perform step (c).
(f) When the coolant level in the air drain service hoses stops dropping, close the air drain plugs of the radiator and heater.
(g) Fasten the radiator cap to the first stop point.
NOTICE: Do not tighten the radiator cap completely (to the second stop point).
(h) Start the engine and run at fast idle for approx. 3 minutes, and stop the engine.
HINT: By performing steps (h) and (i), 0.2 - 0.5 liters (0.2 - 0.5 US qts, 0.2 - 0.4 Imp. qts) can normally be added.
(j) Check that the coolant level in the water filler has not dropped.
If the coolant level has dropped, add coolant and repeat the steps from (g) onward.
(k) Completely tighten the radiator cap.
(I) Fill coolant into the reservoir tank up to the "FULL" line.
6. INSTALL UPPER RADIATOR SUPPORT SEAL
7. INSTALL FRONT LUGGAGE COMPARTMENT TRIM
8. INSTALL SPARE TIRE
9. INSTALL REAR FUEL TANK PROTECTOR
10. INSTALL FRONT LUGGAGE UNDER COVERS
Was this article helpful?