1. REMOVE BRAKE CALIPER AND ROTOR DISC
(a) Remove the brake caliper from the steering knuckle and suspend it with wire.
(b) Remove the rotor disc.
HINT: Before removing the rotor disc, place the matchmarks on the axle hub and rotor disc.
2. CHECK BEARING PLAY IN AXIAL DIRECTION
If the bearing play is greater than the maximum, replace the bearing.
REMOVE SPEED SENSOR
Remove the bolt and pull out the speed sensor.
4. LOOSEN BOLTS AND NUTS OF SHOCK ABSORBER LOWER BRACKET
Loosen the bolts and nuts, and remove the nuts.
HINT: Leave the bolts not to drop the steering knuckle assembly.
5. DISCONNECT LOWER BALL JOINT AND TIE ROD END
(a) Loosen the two ball joint set bolts.
(b) Remove the cotter pin and nut from the tie rod end.
(c) Using SST, disconnect the tie rod end from the steering knuckle.
(d) Remove the two bolts and ball joint from the steering knuckle.
6. REMOVE STEERING KNUCKLE WITH AXLE HUB
Remove the two upper axle hub bolts and remove the steering knuckle.
Was this article helpful?