1. DISCONNECT CABLE FROM NEGATIVE TERMINAL OF BATTERY
CAUTION: Work must be started after approx. 20 seconds or longer from the time the ignition switch is turned to the "LOCK" position and the negative (-) terminal cable is disconnected from the battery.
2. REMOVE ENGINE HOOD SIDE PANELS
3. REMOVE AIR CLEANER (See step 9 on page EM-182)
4. (w/ CRUISE CONTROL SYSTEM) REMOVE CRUISE CONTROL ACTUATOR (See step 11 on page EM-182)
5. REMOVE COLD START INJECTOR PIPE (See step 3 on page FI-102)
6. DISCONNECT BRAKE BOOTER VACUUM HOSE FROM INTAKE MANIFOLD
7. REMOVE ACCELERATOR BRACKETS
(a) Remove the bolt and RH accelerator bracket.
(b) Disconnect the clip of the engine wire from the LH accelerator bracket. Remove the two bolts and LH accelerator bracket.
8. DISCONNECT INJECTOR CONNECTORS
9. DISCONNECT ENGINE WIRE
(a) Disconnect the two wire clamps from the mount bolts of the No.2 timing belt cover.
(b) Disconnect the two wire clamps from the wire brackets on the intake manifold.
10. DISCONNECT FUEL HOSE FROM RETURN PIPE
11. DISCONNECT VACUUM SENSING HOSE FROM FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR
12. REMOVE DELIVERY PIPE AND INJECTORS
(a) Remove the bolt holding the fuel inlet hose to the cylinder head.
(b) Loosen the pulsation damper.
(c) Loosen the two bolts holding the delivery pipe to the cylinder head.
(d) Remove the pulsation damper, and disconnect the fuel inlet hose from the delivery pipe.
(e) Remove the two bolts and delivery pipe together with four injectors.
NOTICE: Be careful not to drop the injectors, when removing the delivery pipe.
(f) Remove the four insulators and two spacers from the cylinder head.
(g) Pull out the four injectors from the delivery pipe.
(h) Remove the O-ring and grommet from each injector.
Was this article helpful?