1. DISCONNECT CABLE FROM NEGATIVE TERMINAL OF BATTERY
CAUTION: Work must be started after approx. 20 seconds or longer from the time the ignition switch is turned to the "LOCK" position and the negative (-) terminal cable is dosconnected from the battery.
2. DRAIN ENGINE COOLANT (See page CO-6)
3. REMOVE ENGINE UNDER COVERS
4. REMOVE RH ENGINE HOOD SIDE PANEL
5. REMOVE NO.1 AIR INTAKE CONNECTOR (See step 4 on page TC-20)
6. REMOVE A/C COMPRESSOR WITHOUT P DISCONNECTING HOSES
(See steps 10 to 12 on pages TC-21 and 22)
7. REMOVE OIL FILTER (See page LU-7)
8. DISCONNECT OIL DIPSTICK GUIDE FROM WATER INLET
10. REMOVE OIL COOLER
(a) Remove the relief valve and plate washer.
(b) Remove the two nuts, oil cooler and gasket.
(c) Remove the O-ring and gasket from the oil cooler.
(d) Remove the bolt, and disconnect the water by-pass pipe from the oil cooler bracket.
11. REMOVE OIL COOLER BRACKET
(a) Remove the four bolts and oil cooler bracket.
(b) Remove the two O-rings from the oil cooler.
Was this article helpful?