1. REMOVE ENGINE UNDER COVER
2. DRAIN TRANSAXLE OIL
3. REMOVE COTTER PIN, LOCK NUT CAP AND BEARING LOCK NUT
(a) Remove the cotter pin and lock nut cap.
(b) With the parking brake engaged, remove the bearing lock nut.
4. REMOVE BRAKE CALIPER
Remove the brake caliper from the axle carrier and suspend it with wire.
5. REMOVE ROTOR DISC
HI NT: Before removing the rotor disc, place the match-marks on the axle shaft and rotor disc.
6. DISCONNECT STABILIZER LINK
Remove the upper side nut from the stabilizer link.
HINT: If the ball joint stud turns together with the nut, use a hexagon wrench 5 mm (0.197 in.) to hold the stud.
REMOVE SPEED SENSOR FROM AXLE CARRIER
Remove the bolt and pull out the speed sensor.
8. DISCONNECT LOWER ARM FROM REAR AXLE CARRIER
(a) Remove the two bolts holding the ball joint to the lower arm.
(b) Disconnect the lower arm.
9. DISCONNECT TIE ROD END
(a) Remove the tie rod end mounting bolt and nut, disconnect the tie rod end from the rear axle carrier.
(b) Similarly disconnect the other side.
10. DISCONNECT DRIVE SHAFT FROM AXLE CARRIER
Using SST, disconnect the drive shaft from the axle carrier.
SST 09950-20017 NOTICE:
• Cover the drive shaft boot with cloth to protect it from damage.
Be careful not to damage the sensor rotor of the drive shaft
11. REMOVE LH DRIVE SHAFT
Using a hammer and hub nut wrench or an equivalent, remove the LH drive shaft.
• Be careful not to damage the dust cover.
• Cover the hub nut wrench or an equivalent with cloth so as not to damage the transaxle body.
12. REMOVE RH DRIVE SHAFT
Using a hammer and brass bar, drive out the RH drive shaft.
Was this article helpful?