1. DISCONNECT CABLE FROM NEGATIVE TERMINAL OF BATTERY
CAUTION: Work must be started after approx. 20 seconds or longer from the time the ignition switch is turned to the "LOCK" position and the negative (-) terminal cable is disconnected from the battery.
2. REMOVE LH ENGINE HOOD SIDE PANEL
3. DRAIN ENGINE COOLANT (See page CO-6)
DISCONNECT THROTTLE CABLE FROM THROTTLE LINKAGE
5. DISCONNECT ACCELERATOR CABLE FROM THROTTLE LINKAGE
6. REMOVE AIR CLEANER (See step 9 on page EM-182)
7. DISCONNECT THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR CONNECTOR
8. DISCONNECT ISC VALVE CONNECTOR
9. DISCONNECT HOSES FROM THROTTLE BODY
(b) Two vacuum hoses from EGR vacuum modulator
(c) Vacuum hose from EVAP VSV
(d) Water by-pass hose from water outlet
(e) Water by-pass hose from water by-pass pipe
10. REMOVE THROTTLE BODY
Remove the four bolts, throttle body and gasket.
11. IF NECESSARY, REMOVE ISC VALVE FROM THROTTLE BODY
(See step 2 on page FI-152)
Was this article helpful?