1. DRAIN ENGINE COOLANT (See page CO-6)
2. DISCONNECT RADIATOR HOSE FROM WATER INLET
3. REMOVE TIMING BELT
3S-GTE (See steps 1 to 25 on pages EM-26 to 31) 5S-FE (See steps 1 to 21 on pages EM-47 to 52)
REMOVE A/C COMPRESSOR IDLER PULLEY (See steps 31 ((b) to (d)) on page EM-187)
5. REMOVE NO.2 IDLER PULLEY 3S-GTE (See step 27 on page EM-32) 5S-FE (See step 23 on page EM-52)
REMOVE TIMING BELT TENSION SPRING
7. (3S-GTE) REMOVE OIL COOLER
(See steps 7 to 10 on pages EM-18 and 19)
8. REMOVE WATER PUMP AND WATER PUMP COVER ASSEMBLY
(a) Remove the two nuts holding the water pump to the water by-pass pipe.
(b) Remove the three bolts in the sequence shown.
(c) Pull out the water pump together with the water pump cover.
(d) Remove the gasket and two 0-rings from the water pump and water by-pass pipe.
9. SEPARATE WATER PUMP AND WATER PUMP COVER
Remove the three bolts, water pump and gasket from the water pump cover.
10. REMOVE WATER INLET AND THERMOSTAT FROM WATER PUMP COVER (See step 4 on page CO-14)
Was this article helpful?