• Prolonged and repeated contact with mineral oil will result in the removal of natural fats from the skin, leading to dryness, irritation and dermatitis. In addition, used engine oil contains potentially harmful contaminants which may cause skin cancer.
• Care should be taken, therefore, when changing engine oil, to minimize the frequency and length of time your skin is exposed to used engine oil. Protective clothing and gloves, that cannot be penetrated by oil, should be worn. The skin should be tho-rougthly washed with soap and water, or use waterless hand cleaner, to remove any used engine oil. Do not use gasoline, thinners, or solvents.
• In order to preserve the environment, used oil and used oil filter must be disposed of only at designated disposal sites.
1. DRAIN ENGINE OIL
(a) Remove the oil filler cap.
(b) Remove the oil drain plug, and drain the oil into a container.
2. REPLACE OIL FILTER
(a) Remove the air duct from the alternator.
(b) Using SST, remove the oil filter. SST 09228-06500
(c) Check and clean the oil filter installation surface.
(d) Apply clean engine oil to the gasket of a new oil filter.
(e) Lightly screw the oil filter into place, and tighten it until the gasket contacts the seat.
(f) Using SST, tighten it an additional 3/4 turn. SST 09228-06500
(g) Reinstall the air duct to the alternator.
3. FILL WITH ENGINE OIL
(a) Clean and install the oil drain plug with a new gasket.
3S-GE 200 kg-cm (14 ft-lb, 20 Nm) 5S-FE 400 kg-cm (29 ft-lb, 39 N m)
(b) Fill with new engine oil.
Oil grade: See page LU-4
Capacity (3S-GTE): Drain and refill w/ Oil filter change
3.9 liters (4.1 US qts, 3.4 Imp. qts) w/o Oil filter change
3.6 liters (3.8 US qts, 3.2 Imp. qts) Dry fill 4.3 liters (4.5 US qts, 3.8 Imp. qts)
Capacity (5S-FE): Drain and refill w/ Oil filter change
4.0 liters (4.2 US qts, 3.5 Imp. qts) w/o Oil filter change
3.8 liters (4.0 US qts, 3.3 Imp. qts) Dry fill 4.4 liters (4.7 US qts, 3.9 Imp. qts)
(c) Reinstall the oil filler cap.
4. START ENGINE AND CHECK FOR LEAKS
5. RECHECK ENGINE OIL LEVEL (See page LU-6)
Was this article helpful?