• Connecting rods that have been forged for high strength are used for weight reduction.
• Knock pins are used at the mating surfaces of the bearing caps of the connecting rod to minimize the shifting of the bearing caps during assembly.
• The connecting rods and caps are made of high-strength steel for weight reduction.
• Nutless-type plastic region tightening bolts are used on the connecting rods for a lighter design.
• An aluminum bearing is used for the connecting rod bearings.
• The connecting rod bearings are reduced in width to reduce friction.
Was this article helpful?