This warning light system monitors the airbag sensor assembly, front airbag sensors, side and curtain shield airbag sensors, curtain shield airbag sensors, driver's seat position sensor, driver's seat belt buckle switch, "AIRBAG ON" indicator light, "AIRBAG OFF" indicator light, front passenger's seat belt buckle switch, seat belt pretensioner assemblies, inflators, interconnecting wiring and power sources. (For details, see "Service reminder indicators and warning buzzers" on page 127 in Section 1-6.)
If either of the following conditions occurs, this indicates a malfunction of the airbags or seat belt pretensioners. Contact your Toyota dealer as soon as possible.
• The light does not come on when the ignition key is turned to the "ON" position or remains on for more than 6 seconds.
• The light comes on while driving.
The SRS warning light and "AIRBAG OFF" indicator light will come on if there is a malfunction in the front passenger occupant classification system.
In the following case;
dealer as soon as p
• Any of the SRS s tain shield airbags
• The portion of the illustration) was ir that was not sev the SRS side shield airbags to
• The surface of th airbag (shaded i scratched, cracke aged.
• The portion of th roof side garnish shield airbags in illustration) is sc otherwise damage
Do not disconnect before contacting y
Was this article helpful?