• The gross vehicle weight must not exceed the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) indicated on the Certification Label. The gross vehicle weight is the sum of weights of the unloaded vehicle, driver, passengers, luggage, hitch and trailer tongue load. It also includes the weight of any special equipment installed on your vehicle.
• The load on either the front or rear axle resulting from distribution of the gross vehicle weight on both axles must not exceed the Gross Axle Weight Rating (GAWR) listed on the Certification Label.
Total trailer weight Tongue load
Total trailer weight x 100 = 9 to 11%
• The trailer cargo load should be distributed so that the tongue load is 9 to 11% of the total trailer weight, not exceed the following.
2.4 L 4-cylinder (2AZ-FE) engine
3.5 L V6 (2GR-FE) engine Without towing package
90 kg (200 lb.) With towing package
Never load the weight in the front. About 60% should be in th trailer and the re rear.
• Use only a w> designed for the Toyota does not weight distributio hitch.
• The hitch must b the vehicle frame ing to the hitch m tions.
• Toyota recommen hitch be removed prevent injury an hitch in event of After removing th tion area should entry of exhaust ■
Was this article helpful?