This warning light system monitors the airbag sensor assembly, front airbag sensors, side and curtain shield airbag sensors, curtain shield airbag sensors, driver's seat position sensor, driver's seat belt buckle switch, "AIRBAG ON" indicator light, "AIRBAG OFF" indicator light, front passenger's seat belt buckle switch, seat belt pretensioner assemblies, inflators, interconnecting wiring and power sources. (For details, see "Service reminder indicators and warning buzzers" on page 127 in Section 1-6.)
If any of the following conditions occurs, this indicates a malfunction of the airbags or seat belt pretensioners. Contact your Toyota dealer as soon as possible.
• The light does not come on when the ignition key is turned to the "ON" position or remains on for more than 6 seconds.
• The light comes on while driving.
• If any seat belt does not retract or cannot be pulled out due to a malfunction or activation of the relevant seat belt pretensioner.
• The seat belt pretensioner assembly or surrounding area has been damaged.
In the following cases, contact your Toyota dealer as soon as possible:
• The front of the vehicle (shaded in the illustration) was involved in an accident that was not severe enough to cause the seat belt pretensioners to operate.
• Either seat belt pretensioner assembly or surrounding area is scratched, cracked, or otherwise damaged.
Was this article helpful?